YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. BY USING THIS SITE AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF DATA FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO A COUNTRY THAT MAY HAVE LESS STRINGENT LAWS, AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONFORMANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
The Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Site. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information (as defined below) from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. When the Site does collect age information, and users identify themselves as under 13, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us
We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender, current or historical occupations, college or university), your photograph if you choose to provide us one, and your educational achievements you choose to provide, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information as follows:
- We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your Personal Information to provide potential employers with your information, such as your education, background, picture, achievements, gender, and race if you choose to identify one.
- We use your Personal Information to respond to comments and questions and provide services.
- We use your Personal Information to send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your Personal Information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your Personal Information to link or combine user information with other Personal Information.
- We use your Personal Information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your Personal Information to provide and deliver products and services our customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share Personal Information as follows:
- We may share Personal Information with your consent. For example, you may let us share Personal Information with others for their employment and hiring purposes. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share Personal Information with employers who you choose to contact through our Site and employers who pay a fee to search our database to find employees.
- We may share Personal Information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about Personal Information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your Personal Information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
UPDATING AND CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
If you have an Account with us, you may update certain pieces of your Personal Information on our Site. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives and we may also retain Personal Information about your use of our Site and purchase of services. Once we disclose some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND BEACONS
You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
1875 Connecticut Avenue NW, 10th Floor
Washington, District Of Columbia 20001